Clinton: Wealthy worldwide should pay more taxes
NEW YORK (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says she wants foreign countries to make elite citizens pay their fair share of taxes.
Reflecting the American debate over taxing the rich, Clinton on Monday addressed participants in her husband's Clinton Global Initiative.
The annual forum brings together leaders in politics, business and philanthropy to tackle the world's biggest problems.
Clinton says the U.S. will help struggling nations become self-sufficient rather than offering traditional aid. She says taxing the wealthy would bolster such growth.
The secretary of state says she's now out of politics. She has said she plans to retire after elections.
hillary clinton, taxes, national/world
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 20 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013 25 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
20 min ago