Clinton: Wealthy worldwide should pay more taxes
NEW YORK (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says she wants foreign countries to make elite citizens pay their fair share of taxes.
Reflecting the American debate over taxing the rich, Clinton on Monday addressed participants in her husband's Clinton Global Initiative.
The annual forum brings together leaders in politics, business and philanthropy to tackle the world's biggest problems.
Clinton says the U.S. will help struggling nations become self-sufficient rather than offering traditional aid. She says taxing the wealthy would bolster such growth.
The secretary of state says she's now out of politics. She has said she plans to retire after elections.
hillary clinton, taxes, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases