Police: Drunken man on horse arrested after chase
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who police say was drunk while riding his horse through a northeast Florida town is now in jail after a police chase.
Flagler County jail records show 29-year-old Charles Cowart was arrested Monday. He's being held on $7,000 bond on charges that include disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence and cruelty to animals.
A message was left Tuesday at phone listing for Cowart in Bunnell, about 60 miles south of Jacksonville.
According to a charging affidavit, officers responded to a report of an "intoxicated male riding a horse" and found Cowart riding over railroad tracks. He told officers he was headed to his grandmother's house and ignored orders to get off the horse. He took off and police chased him for more than a half-hour.
florida, police chase, national/world
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 5 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 47 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 37 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
9 min ago