Gusty winds could push deadly So. Calif. wildfire
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
CAMPO, Calif. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters say they have a better count of the number of residences burned in a wildfire in rural San Diego County, and 11 homes have burned, not 20 as they initially reported.CalFire officials said Monday that 14 outbuildings were also destroyed in the 4 1/2-square-mile fire that broke out Sunday. About 25 structures are still threatened by the fire. Nearly 1,000 firefighters are working to surround the blaze.
San Diego County coroner's officials say the man who was found dead in a burned home Monday is believed to be a 69-year-old resident. They still haven't identified the victim and have yet to perform an examination. Neighbors told the U-T San Diego that the man was 82 and had one leg.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
wild fire, san diego, california, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos