Gusty winds could push deadly So. Calif. wildfire
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
CAMPO, Calif. (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters say they have a better count of the number of residences burned in a wildfire in rural San Diego County, and 11 homes have burned, not 20 as they initially reported.CalFire officials said Monday that 14 outbuildings were also destroyed in the 4 1/2-square-mile fire that broke out Sunday. About 25 structures are still threatened by the fire. Nearly 1,000 firefighters are working to surround the blaze.
San Diego County coroner's officials say the man who was found dead in a burned home Monday is believed to be a 69-year-old resident. They still haven't identified the victim and have yet to perform an examination. Neighbors told the U-T San Diego that the man was 82 and had one leg.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
wild fire, san diego, california, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 23 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 19 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
23 min ago
More 6abc.com resources