Suspect in St. Maarten murders to appear in court
PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten (AP) - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- An arraignment is set for today in a St. Maarten court for a man accused of killing a South Carolina couple in their Dutch Caribbean vacation home.
Michael and Thelma King were found stabbed to death in their beachfront condo on Friday. Thelma King was found tied to a chair and her husband was lying on the floor. They were both in their 50s.
Twenty-eight-year-old Meyshane K. Johnson of Jamaica is being held in the couple's murder. He denies any involvement. Johnson works as a security guard in St. Maarten.
Friends say the Kings, who were from Mount Pleasant, S.C., had owned several homes. A business partner says he and Michael King were building a rum factory together in St. Maarten.
Local friends as well as family held a memorial for the couple Tuesday.
homicide, jamaica, south carolina, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos