Suspect in St. Maarten murders to appear in court
PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten (AP) - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- An arraignment is set for today in a St. Maarten court for a man accused of killing a South Carolina couple in their Dutch Caribbean vacation home.
Michael and Thelma King were found stabbed to death in their beachfront condo on Friday. Thelma King was found tied to a chair and her husband was lying on the floor. They were both in their 50s.
Twenty-eight-year-old Meyshane K. Johnson of Jamaica is being held in the couple's murder. He denies any involvement. Johnson works as a security guard in St. Maarten.
Friends say the Kings, who were from Mount Pleasant, S.C., had owned several homes. A business partner says he and Michael King were building a rum factory together in St. Maarten.
Local friends as well as family held a memorial for the couple Tuesday.
homicide, jamaica, south carolina, national/world
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish