Ecuador reports rescue of 2 kidnapped foreigners
QUITO, Ecuador - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ecuador say two foreign tourists who were kidnapped during a visit to a nature reserve in the Amazon have been rescued.
Interior Minister Jose Serrano says the 32-year-old Australian woman and 23-year-old Englishwoman "are in good condition."
Serrano hasn't given any details of the operation except to say the women were rescued Saturday night, a day after they were taken in the Cuyabeno reserve in northern Ecuador.
The government says three other foreigners were with the two women when the group was set upon in the park. The other three weren't taken by the kidnappers.
Officials haven't released the names of any of the foreigners.
south america, kidnapping, national/world
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 24 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 49 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
50 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
49 min ago