Ecuador reports rescue of 2 kidnapped foreigners
QUITO, Ecuador - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ecuador say two foreign tourists who were kidnapped during a visit to a nature reserve in the Amazon have been rescued.
Interior Minister Jose Serrano says the 32-year-old Australian woman and 23-year-old Englishwoman "are in good condition."
Serrano hasn't given any details of the operation except to say the women were rescued Saturday night, a day after they were taken in the Cuyabeno reserve in northern Ecuador.
The government says three other foreigners were with the two women when the group was set upon in the park. The other three weren't taken by the kidnappers.
Officials haven't released the names of any of the foreigners.
south america, kidnapping, national/world
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 55 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 58 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...