Ecuador reports rescue of 2 kidnapped foreigners
QUITO, Ecuador - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ecuador say two foreign tourists who were kidnapped during a visit to a nature reserve in the Amazon have been rescued.
Interior Minister Jose Serrano says the 32-year-old Australian woman and 23-year-old Englishwoman "are in good condition."
Serrano hasn't given any details of the operation except to say the women were rescued Saturday night, a day after they were taken in the Cuyabeno reserve in northern Ecuador.
The government says three other foreigners were with the two women when the group was set upon in the park. The other three weren't taken by the kidnappers.
Officials haven't released the names of any of the foreigners.
south america, kidnapping, national/world
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
26 min ago