Police find high-speed chase suspect in hot tub
ALMENA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they captured a runaway suspect trying to hide in a backyard hot tub in southwestern Michigan following a more than 100 mph chase.
The Van Buren County sheriff's department says one of its deputies stopped a pickup truck early Wednesday for a defective plate, but the driver took off. The department says the driver lost control and the pickup overturned in Almena Township, west of Kalamazoo. The driver fled on foot.
The department says a Kalamazoo police dog tracked the man and he was found hiding in a hot tub with a cover over it. The 28-year-old man was arrested on charges including fleeing police, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 1 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 41 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 6 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief