Police find high-speed chase suspect in hot tub
ALMENA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they captured a runaway suspect trying to hide in a backyard hot tub in southwestern Michigan following a more than 100 mph chase.
The Van Buren County sheriff's department says one of its deputies stopped a pickup truck early Wednesday for a defective plate, but the driver took off. The department says the driver lost control and the pickup overturned in Almena Township, west of Kalamazoo. The driver fled on foot.
The department says a Kalamazoo police dog tracked the man and he was found hiding in a hot tub with a cover over it. The 28-year-old man was arrested on charges including fleeing police, resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 41 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 26 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 23 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
58 min ago