Grandfather of Aurora victim begs for photos back
DENVER (AP) - October 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- The grandfather of a 6-year-old girl killed during the Aurora theater shootings wants a thief to return pictures of the child that were stolen from his home in a burglary this week.
"They're the last photos I have of her," said Robert Sullivan, grandfather of Veronica Moser-Sullivan, the youngest person slain in the July 20 attack that left 12 dead and dozens wounded.
Sullivan said Wednesday that four cameras were stolen, including one that had a memory card with more than 40 photos of Veronica at a school celebration. Other images show her at a playground.
Sullivan said he still has a well-known photo of the girl licking an ice cream cone, but the rest of the shots are gone. Sullivan said he hopes whoever has the pictures will recognize the girl and return the memory cards to him or police, even if they keep the cameras.
Denver police said Wednesday they are investigating the reported thefts, which also included a coin collection and cash.
Sullivan said the cameras were stolen early Tuesday when he and his wife were out of the house. He was on his way home from work, and his wife was out walking the dog. Sullivan said someone jimmied a window and broke in.
Former University of Colorado-Denver graduate student James Holmes is accused in the shooting spree that killed 12 people and wounded 58 others during a late-night showing of the summer's Batman movie.
Veronica's mother, Ashley Moser, was wounded during the shootings. She was left paralyzed and also miscarried.
Holmes was not charged in connection with the miscarriage. Karen Steinhauser, a former prosecutor who is an adjunct professor at the University of Denver, told The Associated Press homicide charges in Colorado only apply to those "who had been born and alive."
colorado theater shooting, burglary, national/world
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 41 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 24 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 22 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 15 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 52 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
29 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
41 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
24 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
40 min ago