During slain NY teen's funeral, boyfriend in court
BROCKPORT, N.Y. (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- While mourners attend the funeral of a New York college freshman, the boyfriend accused of beating her to death in her dorm is due in court.
Eighteen-year-old Alexandra Kogut's funeral is scheduled for Thursday in her hometown of New Hartford, where she was captain of her high school's swim team.
Her body was found early Saturday at the State University of New York College at Brockport, near Rochester, after her mother called campus police concerned because she couldn't reach her.
Clayton Whittemore of New Hartford pleaded not guilty to an initial charge of second-degree murder. Monroe County prosecutors say a grand jury voted to indict the 21-year-old late Wednesday, but the office has yet to release details of the formal charges.
Whittemore's scheduled to be in Sweden Town Court Thursday.
new york, teens, college, national/world
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 8 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 43 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 32 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's