During slain NY teen's funeral, boyfriend in court
BROCKPORT, N.Y. (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- While mourners attend the funeral of a New York college freshman, the boyfriend accused of beating her to death in her dorm is due in court.
Eighteen-year-old Alexandra Kogut's funeral is scheduled for Thursday in her hometown of New Hartford, where she was captain of her high school's swim team.
Her body was found early Saturday at the State University of New York College at Brockport, near Rochester, after her mother called campus police concerned because she couldn't reach her.
Clayton Whittemore of New Hartford pleaded not guilty to an initial charge of second-degree murder. Monroe County prosecutors say a grand jury voted to indict the 21-year-old late Wednesday, but the office has yet to release details of the formal charges.
Whittemore's scheduled to be in Sweden Town Court Thursday.
new york, teens, college, national/world
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 30 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore