During slain NY teen's funeral, boyfriend in court
BROCKPORT, N.Y. (AP) - October 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- While mourners attend the funeral of a New York college freshman, the boyfriend accused of beating her to death in her dorm is due in court.
Eighteen-year-old Alexandra Kogut's funeral is scheduled for Thursday in her hometown of New Hartford, where she was captain of her high school's swim team.
Her body was found early Saturday at the State University of New York College at Brockport, near Rochester, after her mother called campus police concerned because she couldn't reach her.
Clayton Whittemore of New Hartford pleaded not guilty to an initial charge of second-degree murder. Monroe County prosecutors say a grand jury voted to indict the 21-year-old late Wednesday, but the office has yet to release details of the formal charges.
Whittemore's scheduled to be in Sweden Town Court Thursday.
new york, teens, college, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 2 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 1 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
8 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos