Police: 3rd victim of Fla. garage collapse dies
MIAMI (AP) - October 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Miami-Dade police say a third person has died following the collapse of a parking garage at Miami Dade College.
The latest victim was pulled from the rubble early Thursday, some 13 hours after the five-story structure fell, creating a pancake-like collapse.
Police spokesman Javier Baez says the man died at a Miami trauma center.
Baez says the mission has now turned to a recovery effort and they're expecting to find another body in the rubble.
The parking garage was under construction at the campus in west Miami-Dade County. Witnesses say workers ran screaming from the garage as it fell around noon Wednesday.
Baez says multiple people were taken to the hospital following the collapse. No names have been released.
florida, collapse, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station