1 adult, 4 children killed in Baltimore house fire
BALTIMORE - October 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a fire ripped through a northeast Baltimore home, killing one adult and four children.
Fire department spokesman Chief Kevin Cartwright says firefighters were called around 2 a.m. Thursday and arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the first floor of the home. Cartwright says firefighters suppressed the heavy fire conditions and found the bodies of five people during a search and rescue operation.
Cartwright says one person jumped from a second-floor window to escape the blaze. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
A firefighter was also injured when he fell through the second floor of the home into the basement. He was taken to a hospital in stable condition.
Officials are investigating the cause of the fire.
baltimore, maryland, fire, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 21 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 49 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos