Suspect in Wyo. girl kidnapping held in Mont. jail
CODY, Wyo. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wyoming authorities plan to release details Monday on the man arrested in connection with a Cody girl's kidnapping.
The FBI hasn't identified the suspect arrested in Belgrade, Mont.
But jail records there indicate a 39-year-old named Jesse Paul Speer was booked over the weekend on a hold for Wyoming, with bond set at $2 million. Jailers say he's charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault and felony use of a weapon.
Police say a man lured the 11-year-old girl into his SUV by claiming he needed help finding a missing puppy. Hunters found the girl safe outside the town several hours later.
A man with Speer's date of birth lives in Bozeman, Mont., with previous addresses in Colorado, including Divide, where he had a photography business. He has no apparent criminal record.
wyoming, kidnapping, national/world
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth! 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Record Warmth!
54 min ago