Suspect in Wyo. girl kidnapping held in Mont. jail
CODY, Wyo. (AP) - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wyoming authorities plan to release details Monday on the man arrested in connection with a Cody girl's kidnapping.
The FBI hasn't identified the suspect arrested in Belgrade, Mont.
But jail records there indicate a 39-year-old named Jesse Paul Speer was booked over the weekend on a hold for Wyoming, with bond set at $2 million. Jailers say he's charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault and felony use of a weapon.
Police say a man lured the 11-year-old girl into his SUV by claiming he needed help finding a missing puppy. Hunters found the girl safe outside the town several hours later.
A man with Speer's date of birth lives in Bozeman, Mont., with previous addresses in Colorado, including Divide, where he had a photography business. He has no apparent criminal record.
wyoming, kidnapping, national/world
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad