Pet company recalls dog treats
TRENTON, N.J. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pet food company is voluntarily recalling dog treats that could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature's Recipe announced Saturday the recall of a limited supply of its "Nature's Recipe Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken," which were manufactured at its plant in Topeka, Kan., and distributed nationally - primarily through pet specialty retailers.
The company says the product has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella, which can affect animals eating the products and pose a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products.
Nature's Recipe officials say no pet or human illnesses have been reported, but suggest that pet owners monitor themselves and their dogs for signs of salmonella and seek medical care if symptoms worsen.
The company says the recall is precautionary, and advises consumers who bought the recalled treats to discard them immediately.
The recalled treats were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches. The products included in the recall are marked with the Lot Codes 2199TP or 2200TP and a UPC Code of 30521 51549. The pouches also have a "Best If Used By Date" stamp of "10 11 13" and "10 12 13."
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees