Pet company recalls dog treats
TRENTON, N.J. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pet food company is voluntarily recalling dog treats that could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature's Recipe announced Saturday the recall of a limited supply of its "Nature's Recipe Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken," which were manufactured at its plant in Topeka, Kan., and distributed nationally - primarily through pet specialty retailers.
The company says the product has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella, which can affect animals eating the products and pose a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products.
Nature's Recipe officials say no pet or human illnesses have been reported, but suggest that pet owners monitor themselves and their dogs for signs of salmonella and seek medical care if symptoms worsen.
The company says the recall is precautionary, and advises consumers who bought the recalled treats to discard them immediately.
The recalled treats were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches. The products included in the recall are marked with the Lot Codes 2199TP or 2200TP and a UPC Code of 30521 51549. The pouches also have a "Best If Used By Date" stamp of "10 11 13" and "10 12 13."
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 53 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 43 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 14 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
43 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos