Pet company recalls dog treats
TRENTON, N.J. - October 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pet food company is voluntarily recalling dog treats that could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature's Recipe announced Saturday the recall of a limited supply of its "Nature's Recipe Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken," which were manufactured at its plant in Topeka, Kan., and distributed nationally - primarily through pet specialty retailers.
The company says the product has the potential to be contaminated with salmonella, which can affect animals eating the products and pose a risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products.
Nature's Recipe officials say no pet or human illnesses have been reported, but suggest that pet owners monitor themselves and their dogs for signs of salmonella and seek medical care if symptoms worsen.
The company says the recall is precautionary, and advises consumers who bought the recalled treats to discard them immediately.
The recalled treats were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches. The products included in the recall are marked with the Lot Codes 2199TP or 2200TP and a UPC Code of 30521 51549. The pouches also have a "Best If Used By Date" stamp of "10 11 13" and "10 12 13."
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 37 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 45 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 48 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
41 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
38 min ago