Searchers looking for missing Oregon woman
GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) - October 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Oregon authorities planned to resume the search Thursday for a Gresham woman who disappeared two days ago under suspicious circumstances.
Police say the husband of 21-year-old Whitney Heichel reported her missing Tuesday after she did not show up for work at her job at a nearby Starbucks in the Portland suburb.
KATU reports her car was found late Tuesday morning in a Wood Village parking lot with the passenger side window smashed.
Investigators believe the car was seen at Dodge Park north of Sandy and at Larch Mountain in the Columbia River Gorge. KATU reports that on Wednesday at the park, investigators found broken window glass and examined tire trucks in the mud.
Clint Heichel says he has no idea why his wife never made it to work.
oregon, missing person, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 41 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 39 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 59 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
41 min ago