OK given for driver to kick smelly baby off bus
SEATTLE (AP) - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Metro Transit in Seattle has apologized but says it won't discipline the driver who asked a woman with a baby to get off a bus because of a stinky diaper.
Metro told KOMO the driver did not violate policy when she acted for the comfort of other passengers.
An apology is not enough for the mother, Nichole Hakimian, who threatens to sue.
She was taking her 1-year-old son to a clinic Tuesday when his diarrhea became an odor issue. She says the driver insisted she exit.
Hakimian says she found a place to change the baby and caught another bus to the clinic where her son was diagnosed with a stomach bug.
Metro says the driver is a nine-year employee with an excellent record.
seattle, washington, national/world
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 41 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 53 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
41 min ago