Dozens injured when floor collapses at Fla. party
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rescue workers and police found a scene of total chaos after the floor of a second-floor apartment collapsed under a late-night party in Tallahassee, Fla.
The Tallahassee Democrat reports investigators still don't know what caused the floor to give way early Sunday. Officials say 55 people were injured.
City inspectors and other officials plan to comb through the rubble Monday to try to learn what happened. Damage is estimated at $250,000.
Officials say about 100 people were thought to have been inside the four-bedroom apartment when the floor gave way.
Tallahassee police spokeswoman Anitra Highland says most of the injuries were "broken bones and sprains."
The apartment complex was built in 1995.
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 1 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 3 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)