Suspect in burglary sues homeowner who shot him
GREENBRAE, Calif. (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A homeowner who police say survived being shot in the jaw during a burglary has received startling news: The burglary suspect sued him for returning fire.
The Marin Independent Journal reported Wednesday that Samuel Cutrufelli filed the suit claiming 90-year-old Jay Leone negligently shot him.
Cutrufelli is charged with two counts of attempted murder after Leone was shot in the face on Jan. 3. Police say Cutrufelli was wounded when Leone returned fire.
Leone has vowed to countersue, saying Cutrufelli was the one who busted in his door and shot him before tying his hands with a belt and going through his valuables.
Leoni says he was able to get free and grab a handgun stashed in his bathroom.
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 32 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 36 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
36 min ago