Suspect in burglary sues homeowner who shot him
GREENBRAE, Calif. (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A homeowner who police say survived being shot in the jaw during a burglary has received startling news: The burglary suspect sued him for returning fire.
The Marin Independent Journal reported Wednesday that Samuel Cutrufelli filed the suit claiming 90-year-old Jay Leone negligently shot him.
Cutrufelli is charged with two counts of attempted murder after Leone was shot in the face on Jan. 3. Police say Cutrufelli was wounded when Leone returned fire.
Leone has vowed to countersue, saying Cutrufelli was the one who busted in his door and shot him before tying his hands with a belt and going through his valuables.
Leoni says he was able to get free and grab a handgun stashed in his bathroom.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 51 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 10 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
53 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos