Police: 5 shot and at least 2 dead in Los Angeles
DOWNEY, Calif. (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Five people were shot and at least two died in shootings at a business and a residence in a Los Angeles suburb Wednesday.
Downey police Lt. Dean Milligan said the shootings occurred shortly after 11 a.m. at a business called United States Fire Protection and at a nearby home, where family members of the owner live. A woman was found dead at the home, he said.
Milligan said police were looking for a gunman who apparently escaped in a black Camaro.
Downey is about 20 miles southeast of Los Angeles. Milligan said the first shooting occurred at the business.
United States Fire Protection Services is in an industrial part of Downey across from a Coca-Cola Co. bottling plant.
The family-owned business sells professional firefighting gear and equipment such as hoses, valves and extinguishers, according to its website.
california, los angeles, shooting, national/world
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 47 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos