Nanny suspected of killing 2 kids in NY apartment
NEW YORK (AP) -October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The mother of two young children found stabbed to death in the family's New York City apartment kept a loving blog of her children, detailing their latest antics and interests, and full of happy photos.
Marina Krim returned home on Thursday with a third child to find her 2-year-old Leo and 6-year-old Lucia dead in the bathtub. Police say the nanny lay injured nearby with apparently self-inflicted stab wounds.
In one entry, Krim says that after dropping her two older children at school she cherished the "3 precious hours with little" Leo.
The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, was found near a knife. She's hospitalized in critical condition.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says it's unclear how long the nanny had worked for the family. No charges have been filed.
children, homicide, new york, national/world
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom