Nanny suspected of killing 2 kids in NY apartment
NEW YORK (AP) -October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The mother of two young children found stabbed to death in the family's New York City apartment kept a loving blog of her children, detailing their latest antics and interests, and full of happy photos.
Marina Krim returned home on Thursday with a third child to find her 2-year-old Leo and 6-year-old Lucia dead in the bathtub. Police say the nanny lay injured nearby with apparently self-inflicted stab wounds.
In one entry, Krim says that after dropping her two older children at school she cherished the "3 precious hours with little" Leo.
The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, was found near a knife. She's hospitalized in critical condition.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly says it's unclear how long the nanny had worked for the family. No charges have been filed.
children, homicide, new york, national/world
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 7 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more