Prosecutor: Illinois woman stabbed son 100 times
WHEATON, Ill. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suburban Chicago woman stabbed her 7-year-old son 100 times because she was angry with her husband and a 5-year-old girl about 50 times because she witnessed the attack, as both children prayed and begged for their lives, prosecutors said Thursday.
DuPage County State's Attorney Robert Berlin said Elzbieta Plackowska, 40, told investigators several stories, at first blaming the attack on a stalker who got into her home in Naperville, 25 miles west of Chicago. She later said the children had evil inside of them and she was fighting the devil in the house, Berlin said at a bond hearing.
Plackowska eventually admitted that she was angry with her husband, who works as a truck driver and is often gone, because he left her alone to care for her son, Justin, and work as a maid, which she felt was beneath her, Berlin said.
"She told the detectives that she thought by killing Justin she would make her husband hurt the way she hurt in their relationship," Berlin said.
Plackowska told investigators she found the children jumping on the bed and then attacked them, also slitting their throats, Berlin said.
"She had grabbed a knife and she made both victims kneel and begin praying. She began stabbing her son Justin and told him he was going to heaven tonight. He pleaded for his life and told her to stop. But she continued stabbing him until he was dead," he said.
"She then turned her attention to 5-year-old Olivia and began stabbing her with the knife multiple times. She as well pleaded for her life, but the defendant continued to stab her until she was deceased."
Plackowska killed the girl, Olivia Dworakowski, because the child had witnessed the attack on her son, Berlin said.
DuPage County Judge John Kinsella ordered Plackowska held without bond. Plackowska didn't speak during the hearing other than to indicate she could not afford an attorney. The judge appointed a public defender.
illinois, child death, national/world
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 2 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 10 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 3 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 33 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
10 min ago