Colorado boy dies after 3 years without a brain
PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Colorado boy who survived three years without a brain has died.
Nickolas Coke surprised doctors after he born with only a brain stem. Most babies with that condition are stillborn or die shortly after birth.
According to KOAA-TV , the boy survived without medical equipment and was playing with pumpkins before he died earlier this week.
KOAA reports that Nickolas' condition is known as anencephaly. The Coke family lives in Pueblo, located about 43 miles from Colorado Springs.
colorado, child death, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 44 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies