Colorado boy dies after 3 years without a brain
PUEBLO, Colo. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Colorado boy who survived three years without a brain has died.
Nickolas Coke surprised doctors after he born with only a brain stem. Most babies with that condition are stillborn or die shortly after birth.
According to KOAA-TV , the boy survived without medical equipment and was playing with pumpkins before he died earlier this week.
KOAA reports that Nickolas' condition is known as anencephaly. The Coke family lives in Pueblo, located about 43 miles from Colorado Springs.
colorado, child death, national/world
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 22 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted