Minor 3.9-magnitude quake shakes LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A minor earthquake has rattled Southern California, shaking buildings in downtown Los Angeles.
The US Geological Survey says the 3.9 magnitude quake struck at 8:24 a.m. Sunday and was centered about 5 miles east-southeast of Santa Clarita, Calif.
Shaking was felt across the Santa Clarita Valley, in downtown Los Angeles and in West Hollywood.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
los angeles, earthquake, national/world
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 12 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion