Minor 3.9-magnitude quake shakes LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A minor earthquake has rattled Southern California, shaking buildings in downtown Los Angeles.
The US Geological Survey says the 3.9 magnitude quake struck at 8:24 a.m. Sunday and was centered about 5 miles east-southeast of Santa Clarita, Calif.
Shaking was felt across the Santa Clarita Valley, in downtown Los Angeles and in West Hollywood.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injury.
los angeles, earthquake, national/world
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader 59 min ago
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 11 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 13 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 4 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade