Wegmans recalls pumpkin rolls because of plastic
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wegmans is recalling a batch of pumpkin rolls because the baked goods may contain pieces of clear plastic from the packaging.
The western New York grocery chain says Wednesday it's undertaking the voluntary recall following complaints by customers.
The plastic may be sharp and present a choking hazard.
The bakery pumpkin rolls were sold between Sept. 1 and Tuesday in all of Wegmans Food Markets' 81 stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts. Packages contained whole rolls, half rolls or two slices. All are being recalled.
Wegmans customers can get a refund at the service desk.
recall, food, national/world
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 39 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 20 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million