Wegmans recalls pumpkin rolls because of plastic
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wegmans is recalling a batch of pumpkin rolls because the baked goods may contain pieces of clear plastic from the packaging.
The western New York grocery chain says Wednesday it's undertaking the voluntary recall following complaints by customers.
The plastic may be sharp and present a choking hazard.
The bakery pumpkin rolls were sold between Sept. 1 and Tuesday in all of Wegmans Food Markets' 81 stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland and Massachusetts. Packages contained whole rolls, half rolls or two slices. All are being recalled.
Wegmans customers can get a refund at the service desk.
recall, food, national/world
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 46 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 23 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 47 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
50 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos