4 wounded at USC campus shooting in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say four people were shot and wounded during a Halloween party on the University of Southern California campus and two suspects were in custody.
It happened around 11:45 p.m. Wednesday outside the Ronald Tutor Campus Center, where about 100 people had gathered for a party hosted by a student organization.
USC Department of Public Safety Capt. David Carlisle says an argument between two men not tied to the school led to one of them pulling out a gun and shooting another person.
That victim was critically wounded. Three bystanders were taken to the hospital with less serious injuries.
The Los Angeles Times reports USC sent a text alert telling students to stay inside. Hours later, another text said the threat was over and classes would go on as scheduled.
los angeles, california, school shooting, mass shooting, shooting, national/world
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 30 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 40 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 21 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 48 min ago
- Tornadoes slam Plains, Midwest; 1 dead in Okla.
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl 31 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
21 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
30 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos