4 wounded at USC campus shooting in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say four people were shot and wounded during a Halloween party on the University of Southern California campus and two suspects were in custody.
It happened around 11:45 p.m. Wednesday outside the Ronald Tutor Campus Center, where about 100 people had gathered for a party hosted by a student organization.
USC Department of Public Safety Capt. David Carlisle says an argument between two men not tied to the school led to one of them pulling out a gun and shooting another person.
That victim was critically wounded. Three bystanders were taken to the hospital with less serious injuries.
The Los Angeles Times reports USC sent a text alert telling students to stay inside. Hours later, another text said the threat was over and classes would go on as scheduled.
los angeles, california, school shooting, mass shooting, shooting, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 39 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 17 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
39 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
17 min ago