Arafat's remains to be exhumed Nov. 26
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Western diplomat says the exhumation of late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's remains will take place Nov. 26.
He says a Swiss team has arrived in the West Bank ahead of the planned exhumation. The team will assess the grave site and plan how best to dig up the remains.
The Swiss team will be joined by French investigators. The two teams, who are set to conduct parallel probes into Arafat's death, will only be allowed one chance to draw samples.
The diplomat spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
The new probes into Arafat's 2004 death come after a Swiss lab recently discovered traces of polonium-210, a deadly radioactive isotope, on clothes said to be his.
west bank, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ