Arafat's remains to be exhumed Nov. 26
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Western diplomat says the exhumation of late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's remains will take place Nov. 26.
He says a Swiss team has arrived in the West Bank ahead of the planned exhumation. The team will assess the grave site and plan how best to dig up the remains.
The Swiss team will be joined by French investigators. The two teams, who are set to conduct parallel probes into Arafat's death, will only be allowed one chance to draw samples.
The diplomat spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
The new probes into Arafat's 2004 death come after a Swiss lab recently discovered traces of polonium-210, a deadly radioactive isotope, on clothes said to be his.
west bank, national/world
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 39 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos