Person of interest in custody in Mich. shootings
WIXOM, Mich. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Michigan authorities have taken a person of interest into custody in connection with dozens of shootings across four counties that resulted in at least one injury.
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth tells The Associated Press that authorities executed a search warrant late Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
Wriggelsworth says authorities are "trying to confirm whether he's our guy or not."
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. Only a handful of shootings actually occurred on the interstate.
shooting, michigan, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 2 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos