Person of interest in custody in Mich. shootings
WIXOM, Mich. (AP) - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Michigan authorities have taken a person of interest into custody in connection with dozens of shootings across four counties that resulted in at least one injury.
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth tells The Associated Press that authorities executed a search warrant late Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
Wriggelsworth says authorities are "trying to confirm whether he's our guy or not."
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. Only a handful of shootings actually occurred on the interstate.
shooting, michigan, national/world
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 54 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 33 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 3 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 45 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 13 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 41 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 27 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
26 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
45 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
54 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos