Mich. shootings spree suspect ID'd, to be charged
HOWELL, Mich. (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 43-year-old man suspected in a shooting spree along a 100-mile stretch of roads in Michigan will appear in court to be charged.
An investigator says Raulie Casteel will be arraigned Wednesday in Howell, a Livingston County community 55 miles northwest of Detroit. The investigator identified the suspect on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak before the court hearing.
Casteel was arrested Monday at his home in Wixom. He's suspected of 24 shootings, mostly at moving vehicles, in four counties beginning Oct. 16. One person was wounded.
Casteel's mother, Lana Hunt, confirmed her son's arrest to the Detroit Free Press and told the paper she's worried he might be mentally ill but refuses to see a doctor.
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 9 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 8 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos