Ill. dad who posted photo of bound girl convicted
CHICAGO (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Chicago man accused of binding his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posting a picture on Facebook with a caption that read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back" has been convicted of battery charges.
Judge Lawrence Flood on Thursday found 22-year-old Andre Curry guilty of aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery. Curry is slated to be sentenced Nov. 29, and he's eligible for a sentence ranging from probation to 7 years in prison.
After a bench trial last month, Flood cleared Curry of an unlawful restraint charge.
In issuing his ruling Thursday, the judge criticized Curry for obstructing his child's breathing for his own enjoyment.
Curry's attorneys have called his actions a stupid prank and say he didn't hurt the child.
child abuse, illinois, national/world
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police