Hearing resumes for US general facing sex charges
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is under way for the fourth day of a hearing to determine whether a U.S. Army general will be tried on sex charges.
Two female officers told the hearing at Fort Bragg, N.C, on Wednesday that they sent nude photos to Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair.
He faces charges including forcible sodomy, wrongful sexual conduct and adultery, a crime in the military. The allegations involve five women.
A female captain testified Tuesday she had a three year affair with the married Sinclair, her direct superior. While on a combat tour in Afghanistan, the woman said the general threatened to kill her and her family if she told about the affair and physically forced her to perform oral sex.
Sinclair faces life in prison if convicted on the most serious charges.
sex, military, north carolina, national/world
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half