Hearing resumes for US general facing sex charges
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Testimony is under way for the fourth day of a hearing to determine whether a U.S. Army general will be tried on sex charges.
Two female officers told the hearing at Fort Bragg, N.C, on Wednesday that they sent nude photos to Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair.
He faces charges including forcible sodomy, wrongful sexual conduct and adultery, a crime in the military. The allegations involve five women.
A female captain testified Tuesday she had a three year affair with the married Sinclair, her direct superior. While on a combat tour in Afghanistan, the woman said the general threatened to kill her and her family if she told about the affair and physically forced her to perform oral sex.
Sinclair faces life in prison if convicted on the most serious charges.
sex, military, north carolina, national/world
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police