Sentence wraps up for Ohio woman with 'idiot' sign
CLEVELAND - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman sentenced to stand at the curb with an embarrassing sign for driving on the sidewalk past a stopped school bus has served out the second half of her two-hour punishment.
The sentencing judge, unhappy that Shena Hardin was smoking and texting during Tuesday's hour, had planned to personally supervise the defendant Wednesday.
But Judge Pinkey Carr sent word that she had changed her mind. Court spokesman Ed Ferenc says Carr gave no reason.
The judge had ordered Hardin to stand with a sign reading, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."
Hardin wore headphones and ignored passers-by Tuesday. The judge told WKYC-TV she felt Hardin wasn't sufficiently holding up the sign and was "missing the point."
driving, cleveland, ohio, national/world
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book