Sentence wraps up for Ohio woman with 'idiot' sign
CLEVELAND - November 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman sentenced to stand at the curb with an embarrassing sign for driving on the sidewalk past a stopped school bus has served out the second half of her two-hour punishment.
The sentencing judge, unhappy that Shena Hardin was smoking and texting during Tuesday's hour, had planned to personally supervise the defendant Wednesday.
But Judge Pinkey Carr sent word that she had changed her mind. Court spokesman Ed Ferenc says Carr gave no reason.
The judge had ordered Hardin to stand with a sign reading, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."
Hardin wore headphones and ignored passers-by Tuesday. The judge told WKYC-TV she felt Hardin wasn't sufficiently holding up the sign and was "missing the point."
driving, cleveland, ohio, national/world
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 15 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 2 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 11 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 13 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 9 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures