Woman asks thieves to return urn with baby's ashes
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern California woman whose home was robbed is pleading with the thieves to return just one item: a silver urn that contains her baby's ashes.
The Contra Costa Times reports Michiko Koyoi's Antioch home was ransacked Wednesday. Police are investigating the robbery.
Among the missing items is a heart-shaped urn with the ashes of her son who died during birth in January. The boy's name and date of death are inscribed in the urn.
The 35-year-old Koyoi, who has three other children, is urging the robbers to return the urn, saying they can keep everything else.
The baby was diagnosed with Down syndrome and spine problems while in utero. Doctors told Koyoi to end the pregnancy, but she doesn't believe in abortion and carried him for 7 ½ months.
baby death, california, national/world
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ