Woman asks thieves to return urn with baby's ashes
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern California woman whose home was robbed is pleading with the thieves to return just one item: a silver urn that contains her baby's ashes.
The Contra Costa Times reports Michiko Koyoi's Antioch home was ransacked Wednesday. Police are investigating the robbery.
Among the missing items is a heart-shaped urn with the ashes of her son who died during birth in January. The boy's name and date of death are inscribed in the urn.
The 35-year-old Koyoi, who has three other children, is urging the robbers to return the urn, saying they can keep everything else.
The baby was diagnosed with Down syndrome and spine problems while in utero. Doctors told Koyoi to end the pregnancy, but she doesn't believe in abortion and carried him for 7 ½ months.
baby death, california, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 18 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 17 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 41 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 19 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
15 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
17 min ago