Woman asks thieves to return urn with baby's ashes
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern California woman whose home was robbed is pleading with the thieves to return just one item: a silver urn that contains her baby's ashes.
The Contra Costa Times reports Michiko Koyoi's Antioch home was ransacked Wednesday. Police are investigating the robbery.
Among the missing items is a heart-shaped urn with the ashes of her son who died during birth in January. The boy's name and date of death are inscribed in the urn.
The 35-year-old Koyoi, who has three other children, is urging the robbers to return the urn, saying they can keep everything else.
The baby was diagnosed with Down syndrome and spine problems while in utero. Doctors told Koyoi to end the pregnancy, but she doesn't believe in abortion and carried him for 7 ½ months.
baby death, california, national/world
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 27 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 5 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 40 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 32 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
27 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos