Woman asks thieves to return urn with baby's ashes
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern California woman whose home was robbed is pleading with the thieves to return just one item: a silver urn that contains her baby's ashes.
The Contra Costa Times reports Michiko Koyoi's Antioch home was ransacked Wednesday. Police are investigating the robbery.
Among the missing items is a heart-shaped urn with the ashes of her son who died during birth in January. The boy's name and date of death are inscribed in the urn.
The 35-year-old Koyoi, who has three other children, is urging the robbers to return the urn, saying they can keep everything else.
The baby was diagnosed with Down syndrome and spine problems while in utero. Doctors told Koyoi to end the pregnancy, but she doesn't believe in abortion and carried him for 7 ½ months.
baby death, california, national/world
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids