Woman asks thieves to return urn with baby's ashes
ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Northern California woman whose home was robbed is pleading with the thieves to return just one item: a silver urn that contains her baby's ashes.
The Contra Costa Times reports Michiko Koyoi's Antioch home was ransacked Wednesday. Police are investigating the robbery.
Among the missing items is a heart-shaped urn with the ashes of her son who died during birth in January. The boy's name and date of death are inscribed in the urn.
The 35-year-old Koyoi, who has three other children, is urging the robbers to return the urn, saying they can keep everything else.
The baby was diagnosed with Down syndrome and spine problems while in utero. Doctors told Koyoi to end the pregnancy, but she doesn't believe in abortion and carried him for 7 ½ months.
baby death, california, national/world
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 12 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 11 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 1 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
12 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
1 min ago