Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie
BOLIVAR, Mo. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southwest Missouri man is accused of plotting to open fire inside a movie theater during a screening of the new "Twilight" film.
Twenty-three-year-old Blaec Lammers of Bolivar was charged Friday with three felony counts, including making a terrorist threat.
Bolivar police say his mother contacted authorities Thursday, saying she was concerned her son had purchased weapons similar to those used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.
Investigators say Lammers told authorities he was planning to attack the theater and a Walmart store Sunday. Police say he'd bought movie tickets, two assault rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at Lammers' home wasn't returned. Online court records don't say if he has an attorney.
Prosecutors say they'll seek a mental examination.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 12 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
13 min ago