Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie
BOLIVAR, Mo. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southwest Missouri man is accused of plotting to open fire inside a movie theater during a screening of the new "Twilight" film.
Twenty-three-year-old Blaec Lammers of Bolivar was charged Friday with three felony counts, including making a terrorist threat.
Bolivar police say his mother contacted authorities Thursday, saying she was concerned her son had purchased weapons similar to those used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.
Investigators say Lammers told authorities he was planning to attack the theater and a Walmart store Sunday. Police say he'd bought movie tickets, two assault rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at Lammers' home wasn't returned. Online court records don't say if he has an attorney.
Prosecutors say they'll seek a mental examination.
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
4 min ago