Cops: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie
BOLIVAR, Mo. (AP) - November 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A southwest Missouri man is accused of plotting to open fire inside a movie theater during a screening of the new "Twilight" film.
Twenty-three-year-old Blaec Lammers of Bolivar was charged Friday with three felony counts, including making a terrorist threat.
Bolivar police say his mother contacted authorities Thursday, saying she was concerned her son had purchased weapons similar to those used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.
Investigators say Lammers told authorities he was planning to attack the theater and a Walmart store Sunday. Police say he'd bought movie tickets, two assault rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at Lammers' home wasn't returned. Online court records don't say if he has an attorney.
Prosecutors say they'll seek a mental examination.
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 42 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 42 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 4 min ago