Bus plows into NY home, killing 6-year-old boy
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A transit bus hit a pedestrian and then slammed into a suburban New York City house, killing a 6-year-old boy who was inside the home. Eleven people on the bus suffered minor injuries.
Police say the Nassau Inter County Express bus plowed into the multi-family home in Hempstead, on Long Island around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. The boy was pronounced dead at a hospital, and police say his 7-year-old brother suffered minor injuries.
There were about 20 people on the bus.
In a separate incident on Long Island, a 35-year-old pedestrian was struck and killed by a transit bus at around 5:00 p.m.The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no other injuries.
accident, child death, new york, national/world
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids