FedEx helps Sandy victims with food bank donations
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- FedEx Office is helping the victims of Superstorm Sandy by donating $1 to New York and New Jersey food banks for each Pack and Ship transaction through Dec. 2.
According to the company, each dollar donated will provide five warm meals through the Food Bank For New York City or $10 worth of groceries through the Community Food Bank of New Jersey.
Brian Philips is president and CEO of FedEx Office. He said the company has been supporting the two food banks for years and is eager to provide this additional aid while the demand for their services is so high.
The company will donate up to $50,000 through the Pack and Ship promotion.
fedex, hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 50 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
59 min ago