Ex-President George H.W. Bush in stable condition
HOUSTON (AP) - November 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush remains in stable condition at a Houston hospital where he is being treated for a lingering cough related to bronchitis.
George Kovacik, a spokesman for Methodist Hospital, said Sunday there has been no change over the last couple of days in the status of the 88-year-old Bush.
Aides originally said the 41st president could be released from the hospital this weekend. But his cough has yet to clear up, meaning he has stayed put while doctors "play it safe."
Bush has been in and out of the hospital recently for complications resulting from bronchitis.
Hospital visitors have included Bush's son, former President George W. Bush, and his wife, former first lady Laura Bush. They live in Dallas.
houston, texas, hospitals, george w bush, national/world
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 28 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos