Ex-President George H.W. Bush in stable condition
HOUSTON (AP) - November 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush remains in stable condition at a Houston hospital where he is being treated for a lingering cough related to bronchitis.
George Kovacik, a spokesman for Methodist Hospital, said Sunday there has been no change over the last couple of days in the status of the 88-year-old Bush.
Aides originally said the 41st president could be released from the hospital this weekend. But his cough has yet to clear up, meaning he has stayed put while doctors "play it safe."
Bush has been in and out of the hospital recently for complications resulting from bronchitis.
Hospital visitors have included Bush's son, former President George W. Bush, and his wife, former first lady Laura Bush. They live in Dallas.
houston, texas, hospitals, george w bush, national/world
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft 26 min ago
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death 45 min ago
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy 14 min ago