Boston U. killed on bike student wrote own obit
BOSTON (AP) - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Boston University graduate student killed while riding his bicycle described the pivotal moment when he decided he wanted to become a photojournalist in an obituary he wrote for himself for a class assignment.
Christopher Weigl was on his way to class Thursday when he was struck by a truck.He wrote his obituary in September and it was reprinted in The Boston Globe.
He wrote that "he cemented his love for photojournalism" during a trip to southeast Asia following graduation from Skidmore College when he did a story about the government takeover of a Cambodian island.
The 23-year-old Southborough native also wrote about his love of music and the outdoors.
His professor in the class called him "the ideal student: smart, mature, curious."
boston, massachusetts, college, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 12 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ