Fla. police: Man left baby in pit bull's care
PALM COAST, Fla. (AP) - December 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Florida man is charged with child neglect after allegedly leaving his 10-month-old baby in the care of his pit bull while he went to a bar.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office says 41-year-old James Irvine of Palm Coast was arrested early Saturday.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the child's mother called police after learning Irvine left the baby alone while he went out to drink. She was at work at the time.
A police report says he told her the "pit bull was watching the baby." The child was in his bedroom with the door shut when she came home. A deputy reported the dog was sitting outside the room.
It's not known whether Irvine has an attorney.
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 30 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila. 47 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier