Child steals packages from neighbors homes
CLERMONT, Fla. - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- In Florida, an investigation into stolen holiday packages led police to an unexpected culprit.
Hidden cameras caught an 8-year old girl swiping the deliveries right from her neighbor's doorsteps.
The community set up a sting after several recent thefts.
Police say the girl took packages containing Barbie dolls, along with children's makeup and cell phones.
The video left neighbors in disbelief.
"I was complete and utter shock," said Thalia Aruajo. "It wasn't a teenage boy; it wasn't a passerby, it wasn't an adult. It was an 8-year-old child, one year younger than my own daughter."
Investigators believe the girl was acting alone. They are referring the case to juvenile authorities.
children, theft, florida, national/world
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 18 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 57 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply