Texas twins get state prison for NW Pa. pot ring
MEADVILLE, Pa. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Twins from Texas have been sentenced to state prison on charges they headed an operation that shipped as much as 20 pounds of marijuana each month to northwestern Pennsylvania over the last two years.
Marcelino Rodriguez, of Eddy, Texas, will spend three to five years in prison and his brother, Miguel, from Corpus Christi, Texas, has been sentenced to four to eight years.
State prosecutors say Marcelino Rodriguez was arrested on unrelated drug charges in Crawford County in August 2010, and continued to direct the operation using phone calls from the county prison. Those calls were recorded by law enforcement, which helped lead to the charges.
The brothers are 29 years old.
Their sister, 30-year-old Laura Rodriguez, of Chilton, Texas, was sentenced to six to 24 months in jail for conspiracy for her lesser role.
marijuana, drugs, pennsylvania, texas, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 11 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
13 min ago