Official: Bush may leave hospital before Christmas
HOUSTON (AP) - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ex-President George H.W. Bush's monthlong stay in a Houston hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough appears to be nearing an end.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said Thursday that Bush might be released from the Methodist Hospital at the weekend and be home in time Christmas.
Hospital officials have said the 88-year-old former president is steadily improving and that he's been receiving physical therapy to increase his strength.
Bush has been in the hospital since Nov. 23. He also was in the hospital with a cough for about a week in early November.
Bush and his wife, Barbara, spend winters at their home in Houston and summers at their home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
houston, texas, national/world
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 17 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 38 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Man survives 3 days at bottom of Atlantic
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion