Official: Bush may leave hospital before Christmas
HOUSTON (AP) - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ex-President George H.W. Bush's monthlong stay in a Houston hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough appears to be nearing an end.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said Thursday that Bush might be released from the Methodist Hospital at the weekend and be home in time Christmas.
Hospital officials have said the 88-year-old former president is steadily improving and that he's been receiving physical therapy to increase his strength.
Bush has been in the hospital since Nov. 23. He also was in the hospital with a cough for about a week in early November.
Bush and his wife, Barbara, spend winters at their home in Houston and summers at their home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
houston, texas, national/world
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 58 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 50 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 54 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 43 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
45 min ago