Official: Bush may leave hospital before Christmas
HOUSTON (AP) - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ex-President George H.W. Bush's monthlong stay in a Houston hospital for treatment of a bronchitis-related cough appears to be nearing an end.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath said Thursday that Bush might be released from the Methodist Hospital at the weekend and be home in time Christmas.
Hospital officials have said the 88-year-old former president is steadily improving and that he's been receiving physical therapy to increase his strength.
Bush has been in the hospital since Nov. 23. He also was in the hospital with a cough for about a week in early November.
Bush and his wife, Barbara, spend winters at their home in Houston and summers at their home in Kennebunkport, Maine.
houston, texas, national/world
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 41 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos