Police stop parents' brawl at youth football game
CHINO, Calif. - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in riot gear flooded the field of a youth football game in Southern California to stop a brawl that involved dozens and possibly hundreds of adult spectators.
Chino police told the San Bernardino Sun they received several calls saying a melee had broken out amid a crowd of hundreds of parents who were watching a Pop Warner playoff game at a city park on Saturday.
Sgt. Frank Mena said most of the brawlers ran from the field as police with helmets and clubs poured into the park. No one was seriously injured and no one was arrested.
Chino is in San Bernardino County 35 miles east of Los Angeles.
california, fight, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 11 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 28 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 24 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 12 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought