Woman set on fire in LA as she sleeps on bench
LOS ANGELES (AP) - (WPVI) -- Los Angeles police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire as she was sleeping on a bus bench.
Authorities say the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police say the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a doughnut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
fire, california, los angeles, national/world
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom