Woman set on fire in LA as she sleeps on bench
LOS ANGELES (AP) - (WPVI) -- Los Angeles police have arrested a man for allegedly setting a 67-year-old woman on fire as she was sleeping on a bus bench.
Authorities say the man, who is in his 20s, was arrested early Thursday. His name was not immediately released.
Police say the attack occurred shortly after 1 a.m. outside a drug store. A witness said he saw a man come out of the store and pour something on the woman before striking a match and setting her ablaze.
The woman, who may be homeless, was taken to a hospital and listed in critical condition.
Last week, a 55-year-old man was set on fire as he slept outside a doughnut shop in southern Los Angeles County. No one has been arrested.
fire, california, los angeles, national/world
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean 44 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 56 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
48 min ago