Nearly a dozen people rescued from icy CA lake
WRIGHTWOOD, Calif. - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A scary slip on thin ice led to chain reaction panic in California, with close to a dozen people falling through the ice.
The desperate cries for help began when one man on a sledding excursion in California fell through the ice.
Others frantically tried to rescue him, but one-by-one they plunged into the icy water themselves.
Within five minutes from the first crack, nearly a dozen people were fighting for their lives.
It took close to ten minutes, but bystanders helped pull everyone to shore. Fortunately, they are all okay.
water rescue, california, national/world
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)