Nearly a dozen people rescued from icy CA lake
WRIGHTWOOD, Calif. - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A scary slip on thin ice led to chain reaction panic in California, with close to a dozen people falling through the ice.
The desperate cries for help began when one man on a sledding excursion in California fell through the ice.
Others frantically tried to rescue him, but one-by-one they plunged into the icy water themselves.
Within five minutes from the first crack, nearly a dozen people were fighting for their lives.
It took close to ten minutes, but bystanders helped pull everyone to shore. Fortunately, they are all okay.
water rescue, california, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos