United jet slips off runway in NY; no injuries
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A regional jet has skidded into a snow bank at an upstate New York airport and become stuck, temporarily stranding passengers.
A spokesman for the Albany County Airport Authority says no injuries have been reported.
The United Airlines flight was leaving the gate in Albany en route to Chicago on Saturday when it slid off a paved roadway. It had been snowing lightly all day.
The 65 passengers and crew members were put on a bus and sent back to the airport.
Airport authority spokesman Doug Myers says the accident didn't cause any other airport delays. The plane was removed from the snow bank and will be inspected for any problems.
Myers says the airline will determine what happened with the jet.
United hasn't returned an email seeking comment.
united airlines, new york, national/world
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 33 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 40 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 5 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 24 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 20 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 6 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
5 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
24 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
33 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos