Taxiing plane clips parked jet at Fla. airport
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say no one was injured when two airplanes got into a sort of fender-bender at an airport in Florida.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says a taxiing Spirit Airlines Airbus A-320 clipped a US Airways Airbus A-320. The US Airways jet was parked Monday night in a remote area away from the gate at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Authorities say the left wing of the Spirit aircraft was damaged, while the US Airways aircraft was left with a gash in its tail section.
Firefighters were called to the scene, but there was no fuel leak from either aircraft.
accident, florida, national/world
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 56 min ago
- Windy and cold today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 4 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 31 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 7 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 47 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
37 min ago