Conn. man arrested, accused of stripping in church
KILLINGLY, Conn. (AP) - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Brooklyn man who police say stripped naked in a church in the presence of congregants and school children is being evaluated at an eastern Connecticut hospital.
Gary Pohronezny has been charged with disorderly conduct, risk of injury to minors and interfering with police related to the alleged incident at St. James Catholic Church in Killingly on Wednesday.
Police say the 41-year-old Pohronezny was taken to Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam for evaluation.
It was not known Thursday morning if he is represented by a lawyer.
Pohronezny is scheduled to appear in Danielson Superior Court on Jan. 10.
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 26 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint 4 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
26 min ago