Dad who posted photo of bound girl gets probation
CHICAGO (AP) - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chicago man accused of binding his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posting a picture on Facebook has been sentenced to 18 months of probation.
A Cook County judge on Friday also ordered 22-year-old Andre Curry to attend parenting classes and submit to periodic drug testing.
Curry posted the picture with a caption that read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."
He was convicted in November of aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery. He'd faced up to seven years in prison but received probation because he has no prior criminal record.
Curry's lawyer had argued the father was merely having fun with the child and that she wasn't in danger. But the judge disagreed and criticized Curry for obstructing his child's breathing for his own enjoyment.
chicago, facebook, national/world
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 3 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
3 min ago