Dad who posted photo of bound girl gets probation
CHICAGO (AP) - January 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chicago man accused of binding his 22-month-old daughter with tape and posting a picture on Facebook has been sentenced to 18 months of probation.
A Cook County judge on Friday also ordered 22-year-old Andre Curry to attend parenting classes and submit to periodic drug testing.
Curry posted the picture with a caption that read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."
He was convicted in November of aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery. He'd faced up to seven years in prison but received probation because he has no prior criminal record.
Curry's lawyer had argued the father was merely having fun with the child and that she wasn't in danger. But the judge disagreed and criticized Curry for obstructing his child's breathing for his own enjoyment.
chicago, facebook, national/world
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 4 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 35 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
31 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
35 min ago