Teen brawls, stampede close Louisiana mall
BATON ROUGE, La. - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Large groups of brawling teenagers sparked a stampede at a Louisiana mall that led police to evacuate the shopping center and shut it down early.
More than 200 teens were in the Mall of Louisiana's food court when a large fight broke out just before 6 p.m. Saturday, although it wasn't clear how many were actually fighting.
No injuries were reported. The Advocate quotes the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's office as saying it plans to charge a number of people.
Witnesses told the newspaper that the trouble started after Instagram users posted an invitation to their followers on social media telling them to come and meet them in person at the mall.
Police corralled unaccompanied youths until parents arrived to pick them up.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com
louisiana, fight, national/world
- Snow today, heavy at times 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
13 min ago