Police: 4 women fatally shot at Tulsa apartment
TULSA, Okla. (AP) - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Tulsa were searching for a suspect Monday after four women were found shot to death inside an apartment, where a 4-year-old boy was also found unharmed.
Tulsa police spokesman Officer Leland Ashley said the women all suffered gunshot wounds. Ashley told Tulsa television station KOKI that the child has been taken into protective custody.
"It's very unusual, uncommon to have four people murdered in the city of Tulsa at one time, at one location," Ashley said. "We're basically pulling out all the stops to get this individual or individuals in custody for these homicides."
Police discovered the women's bodies after receiving a 911 call shortly after 12:30 p.m. Monday, police spokeswoman Officer Jill Roberson said. Authorities don't yet know when the women were killed, but Ashley said someone had spoken to one of the victims less than an hour before they were found dead.
Ashley said police were hopeful someone in the community would come forward with more information about the shootings. He said police don't yet have a possible motive.
"We still have a lot of questions that need to be answered at this point. ... Our concern is for the small child, possibly having to witness this horrific tragedy," Ashley said.
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 22 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 17 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 10 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 26 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
57 min ago